NodeBox 3 Release Notes
Version 3.0.51 (8 January 2018)
- Don’t create connection if output and input are the same.
Version 3.0.50 (13 November 2017)
- When dragging a connection, you can now drag the connection line over the entire node, instead of just the inputs.
- We’ve increased the size of the output port hitbox, so it’s easier to start a connection.
import_textnode imports a plain text file, split by lines.
make_tablenode creates a new table out of a number of lists and a set of column headers.
- We fixed a bug that would manifest when deleting a node while dragging it.
Version 3.0.49 (28 September 2017)
- Fix annoying errors when dragging nodes in the network view.
- Cleanup build warnings.
Version 3.0.48 (29 June 2017)
- Add option to elide quotes in CSV export.
- Exported CSV files retain key ordering.
- ”,” is the default delimter for CSV export.
Version 3.0.47 (15 June 2017)
- CSV Export.
- Concatenate node now has 7 ports.
- Windows build is now built automatically using AppVeyor.
Version 3.0.46 (2 May 2017)
- Small UI Tweaks to avoid weird crashes.
- Add line-level debug info on stack traces.
- Use standalone version of Jython to avoid packaging ZIP files.
- Still supports OpenJDK 1.7 (bundled JRE is 1.8.0_131).
Version 3.0.45 (30 May 2016)
- Line-based nodes now have correct strokes again.
- Enable OS X native fullscreen mode.
- Upgrade to Clojure 1.8.
- Fix issues with the stack node.
- Improved the characterAt and subString nodes.
Version 3.0.44 (8 Dec 2015)
- OS X uses Java FX packaging, which should solve launch issues people were having.
- Improved SVG import.
- Copy node now uses percentages for scaling (like the scale node).
- Handles in full-screen mode.
- SVG export works better on non-US machines.
Version 3.0.43 (17 Feb 2015)
- OS X: Fix movie export
- Use High-DPI icons
- Add keys node.
Version 3.0.42 (20 Jan 2015)
- OS X: Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X bundles its own version of Java
- Windows: upgrade Java to 1.8
- Increase available memory (OS X / Windows)
Version 3.0.39 (27 Mar 2014)
- Colors can be imported as hexadecimal values (e.g. #334455 or #ccc).
- Faster PDF export thanks to a new version of iText.
- Upgraded to Clojure 1.6.
- The round node correctly rounds values.
Version 3.0.38 (24 Jan 2014)
- Add round_segments node.
- Access to external audio through the mic line-in.
- Improved SVG handling.
- Some cosmetic user interface changes.
Version 3.0.37 (1 Nov 2013)
- Unified export: all export features now support the canvasWidth/Height/X/Y values in document settings.
- The viewer can show export bounds.
Version 3.0.36 (3 Sep 2013)
- Support for high-resolution screens.
- Nodes can have comments.
- Better icons.
- General bug-fixes.
Version 3.0.35 (29 Apr 2013)
- Add built-in examples.
Version 3.0.34 (14 Mar 2013)
Version 3.0.33 (24 Feb 2013)
- Add full-screen support.
- Nice GUI for device support.
- Audio analysis is built in.
- More icons.
- Lookup node can do nested lookups using the period (e.g. “bounds.x”)
- Distinct node can optionally use a lookup key.
- Various code cleanups.
Version 3.0.32 (4 Feb 2013)
- Fix errors in network view.
- Fix errors in HTTP get node.
- The export viewer can capture mouse events.
- Data sheet is faster.
Version 3.0.31 (3 Feb 2013)
- Experimental support for external devices (over OSC).
- Experimental support for network requests + JSON parsing.
- More robust multi-threaded render.
- Fix bug with spaces in paths.
Version 3.0.30 (29 Jan 2013)
- Subnetworks always render the root node, making working with subnetworks more logical.
- Performance improvements in node processing + rendering.
- New list icons.
- New viewer implementation, removing dependency on the (obsolete) Piccolo library.
- Optimize point memory usage.
- Nodes for string manipulation (thanks to Dave Addison).
- Clean up confusion between nodes and networks.
Version 3.0.29 (17 Dec 2012)
- We’ve dropped the “a” in the version number: we think NodeBox 3 is stable enough to drop the “alpha” tag.
- Network view: alt-dragging a node now copies and moves it.
- Zooming: Use Cmd+plus and Cmd+minus to zoom in/out.
- Cmd+P and Cmd+Shift+P play/pause and rewind the animation.
- You can pick the image format when exporting.
- Added a running total node.
- The snap node now returns correct results for curved paths.
- The line node allows you to specify the amount of points.
- You can choose whether to set the fill / stroke properties in the colorize node.
- Transparent colors are easier to set.
- Right-click a node and choose “Help” to go to the documentation page for that node.
- More robust CSV parsing.
Version 3.0a28 (15 Nov 2012)
- Fix movie export.
- Made executing the network faster by caching function retrieval.
- Expose the root node which makes creating custom nodes easier.
Version 3.0a27 (7 Nov 2012)
- Fix viewer bug where zooming in would make the content dissappear.
Version 3.0a26 (6 Nov 2012)
- Copy node returns a list of geometries.
- Readme points to nodebox.net (instead of beta.nodebox.net).
Version 3.0a25 (4 Nov 2012)
- Big “clean-up” release: we’ve consolidated nodes, fixed port names and added better reference documentation.
- Remove various libraries that will be bundled separately (L-systems, packing)
- The repeat node allows per-item repetition.
- File upgrades require less code, making migrations easier.
- Add the zip_map node.
- Various improvements to the color picker.
Version 3.0a24 (8 Oct 2012)
- Better node descriptions makes finding a node easier.
- Fix bugs with subnetwork creation.
- The csv node can accept various CSV “dialects”.
- The delete node can now handle Geometry and Path objects, as well as a single list of Point values.
- Nodes that take in geometry can also take in a list of points.
- Double clicking ndbx files will open them on Windows.
- Add the skew node.
Version 3.0a23 (27 Sep 2012)
- Better support for nested lists.
- Add categories to the node selection dialog.
- Random now looks “more random”.
- Add document properties dialog, useful for setting canvas width / height.
delete_boundingto delete node.
- Renaming a node now updates the references of published ports on the parent network.
- String ports can accept any kind of input.
- Add a pi node and e node.
- Re-enable handles.
- Hide ports that accept lists in parameter pane.
- Create “value” nodes for string, color, number, integer, boolean, point.
- Selected nodes can be grouped into a network automatically.
- Add floor, ceil, wave and pow nodes.